BRUZER FOUNDER/CEO IN THE NEWS
- “When can you use a gun safely and legally? Experts answer questions after Big R shooting in Elkhart” via Fox 28
- “LESS LETHAL GUNS: When do police shoot, but not kill?” via WSBT 22
- “After controversial killings, police departments seek ‘less lethal’ weapons” via Los Angeles Times
- “Indiana company develops less-lethal gun for police, self-defense” via RTV6 Indianapolis
- “Non lethal weapon made in Elkhart” via ABC57
- “Looks like a 12-gauge, hits like a bean bag” via Law Enforcement Technology (LET)
LOOKS LIKE A 12-GAUGE, HITS LIKE A BEAN BAG
A couple years back, Tommy Teach found himself sharing the road with a very agitated driver. As the situation escalated, it became clear the enraged individual was not about to simply move on down the road—so Teach took action. He promptly called area police and identified himself.
“The guy was on meth; he was a tweaker,” recalls Teach. “I pulled over in an effort to diffuse the situation, but the guy pulled over behind me and I could not get back out into traffic.”
Police could not get to the scene quickly enough as the other individual exited his car and approached Teach, so the military combat veteran reached for his concealed weapon. ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
12 GAUGE LAUNCHER IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
- BRUZER is an innovative launcher specifically engineered for less lethal defense.
- BRUZER utilizes current less lethal 12ga. munitions, requiring no expensive batteries or gas canisters.
- BRUZER adapts to evolving situations simply by changing the type of munitions.
- BRUZER can quickly be deployed from a drop leg rig, vest mount, or belt holster.
- BRUZER single action design provides Threat Assessment Time between shots.
- BRUZER lower operating cost offers the less lethal solution for your budget.
- BRUZER compact size and variety of munitions make it uniquely versatile in the less lethal market
TESTING SOCK ROUND AGAINST BARREL OF WATER USING BRUZER LESS LETHAL LAUNCHER
DEFENSE TRAINING INTERNATIONAL, INC.
“Willingness is a state of mind.
Last weekend, while conducting a Defensive Shotgun Course, the Class and I were treated to a live demonstration of the BRUZER.
READINESS is a statement of fact!”
The BRUZER is a small and relatively inexpensive, less-lethal, 12ga launcher. Basically, it is double-barreled (over/under) 12ga shotgun, in pistol form, with pistol sights. Barrels are only three inches (including chamber), and the unit breaks open like a Derringer. It is designed to launch less-lethal, 12ga munitions. One must manually cock the hammer for each discharge. One could technically fire lethal, 12 ga rounds through it (buckshot and slugs), but the resulting recoil would be intolera-ble. I surely didn’t volunteer to test that theory!
We had several dozen 12ga “beanbag” rounds available for testing, so everyone in our Class had the opportunity to shoot it. Beanbags go downrange at just under 300 f/s, so both shooter and observers can see it in flight. The same beanbags, when launched from a full-length shotgun, go fifty f/s faster.
BRUZER recoil with beanbags is mild, and good accuracy against a human torso is achievable out to 25m. We shot them at steel silhouettes, and they made a good, audible “thump’ upon impact.
When launched at high angle, maximum range appears to be 150m, but practical, effective range is limited to 50m. Minimum range is five meters. Closer than that, and you’ll start to get penetra-tion. Between five and fifty meters, the beanbag itself (a sock filled with 71/2 shot) is effective, but bounces off without penetration. A large bruise is guaranteed, and a cracked rib is possible. Best targets are legs, buttocks, and abdomen.
The BRUZER is being marketed as a low-cost alternative to 37mm launchers, Tasers, and sting-ball launchers. The BRUZER is relatively inexpensive and compact. 12ga less-lethal ammunition is also relatively inexpensive.
With world-wide civil unrest looming as the big law-enforcement issue in 2012 and beyond, I suspect the BRUZER will be getting as lot of attention! The copy we used ran as advertised, and every-one was able to hit with it.